How can we interpret archaeology?

I attended at the 235 meeting of the Oumi Kaidzuka Kenkyukai. One presentation showed the recent results about the relationships between prehistoric cultures in East Asia and modern society, and another presented one aspect of archaeological education conducted by Case Method.

I could not catch the concepts including Master Narrative, Alternative Cultural Narrative and others correctly, but I was interested in that the speaker showed the comparisons between Japanese, Korean, and Vietnamese exhibitions for thinking about "How can we interpret prehistoric culture?".

Regarding Case Method. It reminded me that I really struggled with "debates" and "group discussions" conducted in all classes every day when I studied in the UK. In order to challenge "Students Ethics Debate" conducted by the next meeting of the World Archaeological Congress (WAC), which will be held in 2016, Kyoto, university students in the Kansai area will continue to practice this kind of Case Method. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Comments