Funkawan Jomon Project: 3rd meeting

On June 6th (Sat) and 7th (Sun), I joined in the 3rd meeting of the Funkawan Jomon Project "Initial Research Project about Jomon cultures around the coast of Funkawan (Volcano Bay) in Hokkaido" (Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research (B), Project no. 26284125) held in the Date City Institute of Funkawan Culture

 
We discussed about the present results and the research design of the next summer survey. In this meeting, I presented my research results about starch residue analysis of stone tools at the Kitakogane Shell Mound based on my paper of the Bulletin of the National Museum of Japanese History.



Also, we looked at materials excavated from the Wakkaoi Shell Mound about 60 years ago and they are stored in the Sapporo International University.

Our excavation at the Wakkaoi Shell Mound will be coducted from August 17 to 31. During this period, I'm examining artefacts for starch residue analysis.

Comments