IWGP2019 (18th Conference of the International Workgroup for Palaeoethnobotany)

From June 3rd to 8th, I went to the 18th Conference of the International Workgroup Palaeoethnobotany (IWGP 2019) held in Lecce, Italy for conducting my presentation.














My staying days were more than 30 degrees of Celsius, and I felt too much sunshine. I was able to catch many new research information in archaeobotany. At this conference, some workshops were conducted as laboratory sessions. In personal, I thought "Do other researchers have any questions in their managements?" for many times. But we were able to discuss about identification methodologies of archaeobotanical seed and fruit remains, databases, analysis methods using very new scanning electron microscopy (SEM) system.

At this conference, I presented my poster about the current research results of analysing historical paper materials. My research fellows and other friends outside Japan suggested me about this paper research as well as analyses of human 
dental calculus and the COI collaboration research project since this April.


















In addition, on behalf of my friend who was not able to attend this meeting unfortunately, I presented her data. Many researchers were looking forward to hearing her presentation, and so I told her their messages and asked to come to the next conference.



I will show all of my opinions and experiences at this conference in the new volume of an academic journal.

I'm thanking to all of conference organisers, my old and friends, and other participants. The next IWGP will be held in České Budějovice, 2022.









Comments