Origins of agriculture in China

Recently, Dr. Liu sent her paper about origins of agriculture to me. The information has been published on the net. 

Origins of agriculture in China pushed back by 12,000 years

Here is the paper. 
  • Liu, L., S. Bestel, J. Shi, Y. Song, X. Chen. 2013. Paleolithic human exploitation of plant foods during the last glacial maximum in North China. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science (PNAS): 1-6. www.pnas.org/cgi/doi/10.1073/pnas.1217864110 
When we met in Hawaii, she asked me, "Have you seen any starch granules of snakegourd (Trichosanthes kirilowii) extracted from archaeological sites in Japan?" Indeed, I have not found them in my case studies yet.

In the previous article of this blog, I showed starch granules of modern Trichosanthes kirilowii. If I can find this kind of starch, it will be very interesting in terms of comparing Japanese agriculture with Chinese one.

Comments