Keeping in my mind

On April 19th (Sat) and 20th (Sun), I joined in the 60th general meeting and annual congress, Society of Archaeological Studies (URL: only in Japanese). The main theme was "Japanese archaeology within the world", and we had a keynote lecture and presentations showing how to think about Japanese studies within the world, in terms of world heritages, Jomon, Yayoi, and Kofun periods, as well as Southeast Asian archaeology. 









 


We presented a poster. This was related to the follwoing article.

Seguchi, S., Hosoya, A., Nakamura, O., Shibutani, A. (Coordinator: Ishimura, T.) 2014. Round-table talk on internationalization of Japanese archaeology: Why internationalize? How internationalize? Quaternary of Archaeological Studies 60 (4): 6-10. 

We were able to talk about this topic with many participants. So we will report the results of our questionnaire in the next volume of the journal.

Indeed, it was the best result for me that I was discussed with researchers working in Fukushima Prefecture.



I thought I understanded the situations in Fukushima from the news and others, but I really shocked the researchers' talks.

What kind of things can I act as a researcher? A German poet Goethe said, "What is not started today is never finished tomorrow." As my first step, I'm keeping their talks in my mind as well as thinking about anything I can do.

Comments