Requested surveys: Oshikakubo and Takisaka sites

I'm conducting surveys of grinding stone tools excavated from the Jomon sites. These surveys were requested by Dr. Ken'ichi Kobayashi (Chuo University) and others.

October 25 (Tue) Oshikakubo site in Fujinomoiya city: Incipient Jomon
The survey will be conducted as well as next FY year. In my survey, I took sediment samples around grinding stones for examining together with these stone tools.


 







 
November 6 (Sun) Takisaka site in Mitaka city: Earliest Jomon
The survey will also be conducted as well as next FY year. In my survey, I took sediment samples around grinding stones for analysing together with these stone tools excavated later.






I'm not sure whether I can extract any starch granules or not, but I can examine these contaminated problems as well. When I get any results, I'm showing here.

---
The following note is not linked to these surveys directly.

I met some people in these surveys, and some of them misinterpreted starch residue analyses as "lipid analysis".

Archaeological starch studies have taken for 12 years in Japan already. But even now, some of researchers don't know about our methods and results. We reported starch papers and survey reports, but...

In these 2 surveys, I realised that we need to tell starch residue analysis to a variety of people. This is our own assignment, I think.

Comments

  1. I also had people think I was doing lipid analysis!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment