Survey at the Matsuo-taisha Shrine





















On October 24th and 25th, I surveyed historical materials at the Matsuo-taisha Shrine in Kyoto. This survey is one of my paper research projects.
  • Challenging Research (Exploratory) 'Exploring Perspectives of "Science of Japanese Historical Documents" from the Scope of Mixture Analysis of Papers in the Early-modern Period' (No. 18K18534)
  • FY2018 General Joint Research Project of the Historiographical Institute of the University of Tokyo ‘Exploring the Origins of Japanese Historical Documents from the Scope of Mixture Analysis of Papers in the Early-modern Period’











In this survey, I observed the surfaces of historical papers and took microscopic photos by my new digital microscope. I found some starch grains into papers during my survey, but I'm deeply analysing these photos now.

This survey was my first survey of historical materials in my researcher life. Thank you for your helpful cooperation and suggestions to all of staffs of the Matsuo-taisha Shrine and my research members.

Comments