Survey at the Kansai University Museum



On January 26th (Sat), we went to conduct a survey of archaeological materials at the Kansai University Museum.


This survey was one aspect of
"Interdisciplinary Research on Reitokaku-Shukocho from the Perspective of Integrated Studies of Research Resources" at the National Museum of Japanese History. Some of the collections of the Kansai University Museum are similar to 
materials drawn in Reitokaku-Shukocho, and so we aimed to observe these materials in this survey. Previously, I made an infrastructure of museum collection databases, and during the tasks, I observed more than 20,000 of museum materials. So my experiences were used for this survey.












As the result, materials of the Kansai University Museum, i.e. Motoyama Hikoichi collection, were the same as the materials drawn in Reitokaku-Shukocho. We confirmed these materials.




In this survey, I found my past cards, which I made for the infrastructure of databases. These cards are still stored at the museum. I was deeply impressed that my past works lead to the current ones.





At the next step of this result, we will connect the catalogue database of the Kansai University Museum with the khirin (Knowledgebase of Historical Resources in Institutes) of the Integrated Studies of Cultural and Research Resources (Sorry, it is now only in Japanese) through Reitokaku-Shukocho materials.

Comments