Survey of Uesugi-ke monjo

From January 16th (Wed) to 18th (Fri), I conducted a survey of Japanese historical papers and a study meeting at the Yonezawa City Uesugi Museum (URL in English is not provided, and see Japan Travel Guide).
















The Uesugi Museum contains Uesugi-ke monjo designated a national treasure. Our survey was mainly conducted on 16th and 17th, and on 18th, in the afternoon, we had a study meeting. These survey and meeting were managed by my JSPS Challenging Research (Exploratory) (No. 18K18534), FY2018 General Joint Research Project of the Historiographical Institute of The University of Tokyo, and the National Museum of Japanese History Institute-Based Project ‘Constructing Integrated Studies of Cultural and Research Resources, and Renovating Sharing Infrastructures of Research resources in Japanese History and Culture’.

The survey members are researchers majoring in historical materials and papers. I and they were divided into 2 groups, and we conducted our surveys from the scope of ourselves.












The surveyed materials were 23 of 'Toyotomi Hideyoshi Shuinjo'. I examined paper surfaces of them with a digital microscope, and took microscopic photos. In the survey, I just checked outlines of main paper components, and so my next step is to analyse these photos.

On January 18th (Fri), we had a joint study meeting by the 3rd meeting of the Unit for Cooperation for Different Field in Integrated Studies of Cultural and Research Resources by the National Museum of Japanese History (URL is just only in Japanese) and my two cooperative research projects. Together with presentations about papers of the Matsunoo Shrine's materials and pre-modern Japanese books, I reported this fiscal year's research results in my projects.

Participants provided many opinions and suggestions to my projects. I will use them to my next fiscal year's surveys and approaches.

I'm very thanking to all staffs of the Uesugi Museum for their cooperation in our survey and meeting, all survey members, and speakers and participants.

Comments