Iwaki Health Promotion Project

From May 26th to 30th, I participated in the Iwaki Health Promotion Project (URL: just only in Japanese) held in Iwaki-machi, Hirosaki city, Aomori, relating to FY2019's COI Young Collaboration Research Fund (URL: just only in Japanese) which is my cooperative project with Hirosaki University School of Medicine.

This is a huge health project more than 15 years, and I realised that it was totally different from my usual archaeological and historical surveys. I supported this project as one of staffs. Volunteers managing the same booths were older than me, and they suggested me lots of matters such as Hirosaki tourist information, local specialty, and their life experiences.

Our cooperative research is just started, and we are planning to present our research perspectives by this summer. What can we innovate with our collaboration between archaeology, anthropology, and modern medicine, and how can we promote social returns? We are managing to do it.

Comments