The 36th Annual Meeting of Japan Society for Scientific Studies on Cultural Properties

June 1 (Sat), I went to join in the 36th Annual Meeting of Japan Society for Scientific Studies on Cultural Properties (URL: just only in Japanese) for my presentation. Soon after, I needed to attend the IWGP 2019 (18th Conference of the International Workgroup for Palaeoethnobotany). So I just attended the first day, and presented my poster.

As to oral presentations, this time, I conducted to be an organiser of the past environment. Unlike other past years, I felt the presentation numbers about this topic were fewer.

Regarding to poster presentations, I realised some problems. First of all, of course, I understood the spaces, but poster presentation venues were quite small, and during a core time of poster sessions, many attendees were in all rooms. It was very hard to hear the posters which I wanted to discuss. In addition, hanging posters were divided in the poster numbers, and so the odd numbers of posters were little bit longer than the even ones. Many researchers complained with this system.

In personal, my poster presentation was set on the second day, and I need to leave from Japan for IWGP. So I just hanged my poster, and was not able to hear any suggestions and opinions to my research results. This issue is depending on the schedule and venue, but it is necessary to consider of the spaces of the venue for poster presentation. The reason is that many researchers conduct poster presentations every year.

Although I was not satisfied with some problems, I discussed about my results together with my research fellows. Thank you for your suggestions.

Comments