Mourning

I'm not sure whether this should be written here or not. But it is related to archaeobotany in Jaapn, and so I'm showing it.

My best friend Dr. Leo Aoi Hosoya passed away in the afternoon of July 10th, 2019 due to her health problem.

I got this sad news on July 12th (the final day of DH2019). In fact, I just received her warm message on my birthday July 4th. With my deeply sorrow and sadness, I was not able to see anymore DH conference events, and I didn't say anything to anyone who I met at this conference. I'm very sorry for that.

I’m deeply sad still now, but I’m starting to realize her lost. Some research colleagues worried about me, and I was supposed by their warm direct messages.

Since we met at my former supervisor Dr Gill Thompson’s office of Bradford University, UK in the early summer of 2004, we had conducted and managed to do archaeobotanical studies and surveys, as well as our private matters. To me, she was the best consultant when I faced with some difficulties. With lots of laughing, smiling, and chatting, we spent lots of times together.

She is survived by her family and us. As to her many achievements and the tasks that she cannot complete unfortunately, I will succeed to do them with other colleagues. This is my friendship to her...

The archaeobotany research networks are already talking about this sad news. Her daughter is very young, and her family are strongly heartbroken now, and so please give them your considerations. 

Please pray for Leo's next peaceful life. RIP.

Comments