2 presentations

On February 15th and 16th, I participated in IMAA2020 (Integrated Microscopy Approaches in Archaeobotany 2020), and presented my research result (poster).
















Shibutani, A. 2020. How Does Archaeobotanical Analysis Trace the Origin of Historical Resources? 4Workshop on Integrated Microscopy Approaches in Archaeobotany 2020. University of Reading, UK. February 15-16, 2020.

Since IMAA 2019 last year, this was my second participate. All organisers recogised me as only one Japanese researcher, and so they provided many suggestions.

During this workshop, oral presentations were in the mornings and microscopy laboratory sessions were in the afternoon both days. In the lab session, applicants were able to learn t how to use fluorescence microscopy and its specific features for microscopic analyses.

Furthermore, this workshop contained the herbarium tour of the University of Reading. We were able to observe some of plant specimens in the world since the establishment of the university.


 





























As to my presentation, some researchers understand I'm conducting starch residue analysis, and they invites me to start the collaborations between Europe and Japan in the future. Regarding historical paper materials, other researchers will introduce me to conservators of historical resources in their institutes.

All of abstracts are now available on the official website.

On February 22nd (Sat), I presented my results at the 316 meeting of Oumi Kaidzuka Kenkyukai (URL: just only in Japanese). Presenting my annual results once per year is the most important for my research activities. At this study meeting, I got many opinions and suggestions. Thank you for your helps to all attendees.

Ayako Shibutani. Scientific Study of Historical Paper Materials: Focusing on Selection and Transition of Plant Resources. The 316 meeting of Oumi Kaidzuka Kenkyukai. Shiga Prefectural Archaeology Center, February 22, 2019.

Comments