Starch residue analysis of Jomon pots and stone tools: Shimoyakebe site

From September 1 (Thu.) to 3 (Sat.),  I took samples from residues on pots and stone tools excavated from the Shimoyakebe site (JAPANESE) in Higashi-murayama city in Tokyo. My working place was at the Hachikokuyama Taiken no Sato (JAPANESE).

In the previous survey, I analysed residue samples from 19 charred plant remains adhering to the Jomon potteries. As the result, I found very well-preserved starch granules, and showed that mixture of bulbs, horse-chestnuts (Aesculus), walnuts (Juglans), and acorns (Quercus, or others) were cooked into the potteries. 

In this survey, I took samples from 20 charred plant remains adhering to the Jomon potteries of the rests. I also took residue samples from 18 stone slabs to compare with starch granules from pot residues. 

How many starch grains can I extract from these samples? I'm very interested in the results.

Comments